Choosing a location for your photography session is an important decision. Some things to consider: What look do you want your portraits to have? Formal or casual? What would best represent you and your family? Does your family spend lots of time outdoors? Do you have a location that is special or meaningful to your family? Do you prefer the more controlled studio environment?
It is helpful to select a location that either provides an interesting background (water, architecture, bridge, nature) and if your family group is large, a location that will accommodate your group. Your photographer will be able to make suggestions and guide you.
Besides my studio, a few locations that I have found to work well include:
* Lakeside Park in Dallas - in the Turtle Creek area
* River Legacy Park in Arlington
* Local parks if they have an interesting feature that will enhance or be useful in the image - such as a bridge or pavillion.
* Lynn Creek Park at Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prairie
* Dallas Arboretum (fees involved)
* White Rock Lake, Dallas
* Fort Worth Botanical Garden (fees involved)
* Trinity Groves, Dallas
* Bishop Arts District, Dallas
* Local Universities - SMU, TCU, DBU
* Inside office buildings (with permission of course)