As I take a few moments to reflect back on 2019, I think about progress that I've made but also the things that I had planned or hoped to accomplish and fell short, and I circle back to these thoughts:
1) Despite not completing some of my goals, I probably have made more strides forward than it feels some days.
2) I did invest in learning this year by attending 5 workshops, one was 3 days duration and one was 5 days duration.
3) I purchased a one-year training subscription taught by one of the world-renowned photographers whose workshop I attended. This learning opportunity combined with another that I already subscribed to resulted in 5-10 hours per month learning by watching their videos.
4) I invested in a Study Course to become a Certified Professional Photographer, which unfortunately, I have not managed to spend as much time studying as I had hoped. It is a fairly major undertaking and certification requires passing 2 parts, a written test and then submission of required images following specific criteria. I will press on!
5) I overhauled my website both in look and content.
6) I did not transition from my full time day job, yet - originally was going to be August of 2019, then January 2020. However, I am working very proactively at UTSW to ensure things are in place so I can make my exit in August 2020.
7) Looking back at some of my images from the past year, it is a good reminder that I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of new folks, make some new friends, and am thankful to be invited to be a part of capturing special memories and events for these clients that I trust they will treasure for years to come.
So my major goals for 2020:
1) Transition from UTSW to full time photography and have the time to focus on my business.
2) Continue studying and sit for and pass my written CPP exam.
3) Learn more about marketing and business and make more strategic decisions.
4) See my son, Greg, marry his fiance Mariah - tentatively scheduled for August.
5) Plan and take a really nice vacation with Randy!